Did you know video now accounts for 70% of consumer internet traffic (Cisco).
Engage your viewers and they will share the video with others. They will spend longer on your website and more time interacting with your brand.
But like any marketing tool, video is more effective when consumers are engaged multiple times, not just as a one-off.
At 18 Degrees we’ve done our research and talked to a bunch of Australian marketing managers and designed these yearly video marketing packages to help you reach your target audience more effectively, more often.
The monthly marketing videos are great for targeting specific customers, news, new products, events, service highlights, how-tos like chef recipes or client tips, regular comedy spots, staff showcases, time lapses, specials and promotions.
Talk to us about our monthly video marketing packages
1300 275 166
Video Marketing: Leave your mark in the digital world.
This form of content is not something that emerging businesses can afford to gloss over, it’s a necessity for increasing brand awareness and successfully engaging consumer interest. The fact is that with a growing digital audience, more interactive forms of content are becoming the new trend, from clickable/ stoppable, 360 degree and virtual content to the traditional video content, 90% of website visitors will hang out longer on sites with video than on those without. According to Social Baker (2015), video type posts have the highest natural reach, followed by company status posts, links and down the very end of the line photo posts- having the least reach among social media users (namely Facebook).
Furthermore, video posts have the functionality to be able to reach a wide range of people, which can ultimately lead to viral, buzz or ‘word- of- mouse’ marketing. Today it has become so important for sales and marketing to ‘cut through the clutter’ with a differentiated message and be able to increase retention and consumer’s perception of brand quality. You could say that trends are to focus less on immediate sales and consider competing for buyers’ attention (Aberdeen Group, 2014).
Benefits of Video Marketing:
Compared to the more traditional, archaic forms of brand and product marketing, video marketing can provide companies with a range of benefits that can help them be recognised and remembered by consumers.
The first obvious benefit is the portability function of video, which can be distributed
across multiple channels, across multiple platforms. This allows the company to be able to reach consumers at any time of the day and yet still maintain integrity in terms of tracking metrics.
Capture those metrics:
Once your video hits the ‘social stratosphere’, it becomes quite easy to measure its success- across all channels or platforms. First you can check binary viewing metrics, such as how many times the video was played and the duration that it was played for. This can provide marketers and firms with the feedback they need to evaluate the video’s effectiveness and longevity with its audience.
Return on Investment: Is it worth the spend?
Often you’ll hear businesses questioning the importance of video marketing. The fact is that with a creative and talented production team, your business could use video marketing for anything- recruitment videos, interest pieces (such as product creation and how-to guides), training or promotion. Marketing is all about selling an experience, whether they’re informative or entertaining. So it makes sense to utilise video as one of the most effective and evolved mediums for delivering experiences on a huge scale. An online and Social Video Marketing by Animoto (2015) has shown some encouraging figures for the future of video marketing:
- 76.5% of marketers and small business owners who have used video marketing say it had a direct impact on their business.
- 4 out of 5 consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Aberdeen Group’s research on the topic has provided the following statistics:
- Organisations with video content in their marketing channels grow their revenue 49% faster than non video users.
- Marketers who utilise video marketing yield:
- 27% higher email click-through rates,
- 34% higher website conversion rates compared to non users.
- Aberdeen Group. 2014. Analyst Insight: Analysing the ROI of Video Marketing. Harte-Hanks Company: Texas.
- O’Neill, M. & Animoto Inc. (2017). The 2015 Video Marketing Cheat Sheet [Infographic]. Animoto Blog. From https://animoto.com/blog/business/video-marketing-cheat-sheet-infographic/
- Moravick, A. & Aberdeen Group. (2015). Pardon the Disruption: The Impact of Video Marketing.
- Social Bakers. (2017). Native Facebook Videos Get More Reach Than Any Other Type of Post. Socialbakers.com. Retrieved 12 September 2017, from https://www.socialbakers.com/blog/2367-native-facebook-videos-get-more-reach-than-any-other-type-of-post